Inline Nurseries (2010) Inc.
Full Time (40 hours/week)
$18 – $20/hour (based on experience)
Positions Available: 1
Are you passionate about plants and looking to work as part of a diverse team in an energetic, fast paced, and positive environment? Do you thrive working outdoors? Inline Nurseries is a wholesale nursery located in East Chilliwack which focuses on growing Perennials, Shrubs, and Trees for Garden Centres and the Landscape industry. We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our growing nursery this upcoming Spring! The nursery industry was also deemed an essential business this year during the current COVID19 pandemic!
The Shipping Supervisor works directly with the Shipping & Receiving Coordinator, helping lead in pulling orders, cleaning plants, and loading trucks for delivery. Supervisors will spend most of their time working with employees and leading by example, while also being responsible for ensuring records are kept up to date and procedures are followed. They will also have regular interaction with the Sales department on the timing and quality of orders. Additional duties may include completing inventory of supplies, irrigation, assisting in other nursery departments outside of the peak season, and various other tasks. The Shipping Supervisor is uniquely placed to help maintain and improve upon work safety, productivity, and company atmosphere.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of workers
- Meet regularly with the Shipping Manager and Shipping Coordinator to plan work lists
- Observe workers to detect inefficient or unsafe work procedures or to identify problems, initiating corrective action as necessary
- Review employees’ work to evaluate quality and quantity based on established production standards
- Operate farm machinery (tractors, forklifts, and other equipment)
- Assist with supply inventory management
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a horticultural, nursery, or greenhouse environment (Minimum two years)
- Experienced supervisorial skills (Minimum two years)
- Leadership—excellent organization and time management
- Excellent Communication—able to clearly communicate verbally and through email/text
- Able to lift 50lbs (22.7kg)
- A sense of humour!
- Seasonal exposure to the weather due to outdoor work
- Occasional overtime hours due to seasonal demand—some evenings and Saturdays during the Spring and Summer
- On your feet for long periods of time with occasional repetitive lifting
- Ability to withstand varied temperatures both outside and in a greenhouse environment
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Post-secondary horticultural education (Preferred)
Licenses or Certifications
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- First Aid Level 1 (Preferred) and a willingness to obtain Level 2 if necessary
- Training opportunities, both in house and externally
- Flexible working hours during the offseason (June-February)
- Employee discount on our diverse plant material
- Competitive Health Care/Benefits after 3 months of employment
- A fun and encouraging environment with a team focused atmosphere!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.